Natural Ways to Avoid/Reduce/Manage Inflammation
The best way to avoid, reduce and manage inflammation is to make dietary and lifestyle changes that promote health, wellness and a balanced immune system. Believe it or not, studies show that energy expenditure through exercise lowers multiple pro-inflammatory molecules and proteins that have a specific affect on the interactions and communications within the body that happen on a cellular level. Basically, the more you exercise, the more your body learns to interact with itself to promote healing in a balanced way.
- Low-glycemic diet
-Allergy elimination diet
- Reduced intake of saturated and trans fats
- High intake of fruits & vegetables [ reishi mushrooms, shitaki mushrooms, chaga mushrooms and broccoli ]
- High intake of dietary soluble and insoluble fibers
- Fish Oil
- Micronutrients [ magnesium, vitamin D, vitamin E, zinc & selenium ]
- Herbal supplements & spices [ curcumin / turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cannabis, hyssop, holy basil, green tea, calendula, licorice, chili peppers, white willow bark, frankincense, cats claw and rosemary ]
- Drink filtered water [ try to lessen the use of plastic bottles unless they are BPA free ]
There are many more dietary changes that can be made. Take time to research and find out what works best for you, your body and lifestyle.
Aside from the above mentioned management and prevention options, it is important to remember to do your best to rid your life of as many toxic stresses as possible. Stressors such as emotional stress, mental and spiritual stress can have a significant affect on the body thus aggravating and promoting an inflammation response. Part of holistic wellness involves the mind, body and spirit. Take time out of your day to just breath, relax, connect deep with yourself and loved ones. I promise, it will make all the difference.